- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
Will rib and lung injuries sideline Tony Romo?
ASHBURN, Va. — Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett is holding out hope quarterback Tony Romo will play in Monday night’s game against the Washington Redskins.
Garrett said Wednesday that Romo has been receiving treatment for a fractured rib and punctured lung and “hopefully he’ll be ready” for the game against the Cowboys’ NFC East rival.
Dallas’ players had an extra day off Wednesday. They resume practice Thursday. Garrett said receivers Miles Austin(hamstring) and Dez Bryant (bruised thigh) are day to day.
Giants WR Hixon done for season
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — New York Giants receiver Domenik Hixon will miss the rest of the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee for the second straight year.
Hixon was hurt Monday night making a juggling catch on a 22-yard touchdown pass from Eli Manning in the Giants 28-16 win over the St. Louis Rams.
* Two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora did not take part in the Giants’ walk-through workout. Coach Tom Coughlin said Umenyiora is listed as day to day and it is uncertain he will make his 2011 debut against Philadelphia on Sunday.
Vick aiming to play against Giants
PHILADELPHIA — Michael Vick took a small step toward returning from a concussion. Vick took part in a morning walkthrough Wednesday, but didn’t practice in the afternoon. There is a chance he will play against the New York Giants on Sunday.
“It’s hard to give you the future because you have to do things the right way and go through the process,” coach Andy Reid said.
Vick was injured in Philadelphia’s 35-31 loss to the Falcons in Atlanta on Sunday night, and was forced to leave the game in the second half.
Around the league
• JETS: New York All-Pro center Nick Mangold has a high ankle sprain and his right foot is in a boot, but he’s still preparing as if he’ll play against at Oakland on Sunday. Mangold was hurt last Sunday during the the Jets’ win over Jacksonville.
• BILLS: Receiver Steve Johnson missed practice to rest a groin injury as Buffalo prepared to host AFC East rival New England. Before practice Wednesday, Johnson said the injury, which has been bothering him for a month, felt betterand that it’s responding to treatment.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow