- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Daily Caller: ‘Glee’s‘ Sue Sylvester to channel Bachmann
Speaking to MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell on Tuesday, the evening of the show’s season premiere, Miss Lynch said her intolerant, heartless, scheming character will channel the congresswoman from Minnesota, who recently said that bullying gays is “not a federal issue” and therefore doesn’t warrant government intervention.
“Right now, where we stand now, I’m anti-arts,” Miss Lynch said of her character, who takes a swipe at “sneaky gays” in an online clip from the show.
“It almost makes it less funny because it is very, very real. … There are people who think that,” Miss Lynch said. “I guess [the 'Glee' creators] want to kind of put it out there in the light of day and say this is what some people think.”
“We’ve taken a couple jabs at the right wing this year,” Mr. Murphy said.
Former Playboy bunny lists new show’s mistakes
NBC’s new program “The Playboy Club” hasn’t gotten off to a good start. The drama, which ranked third in its Monday time slot, has enraged the Parents Television Council as well as former Playboy bunnies.
The show, which follows the bunnies and patrons of Chicago's Playboy Club in the 1960s, features scantily clad servers dancing with customers and clients. Former bunny Marilyn Miller wrote in a note to Vanity Fair that she and her fellow bunnies were forbidden from participating in such activity.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
White House pets gone wild!