- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Daily Caller: ‘Glee’s‘ Sue Sylvester to channel Bachmann
Speaking to MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell on Tuesday, the evening of the show’s season premiere, Miss Lynch said her intolerant, heartless, scheming character will channel the congresswoman from Minnesota, who recently said that bullying gays is “not a federal issue” and therefore doesn’t warrant government intervention.
“Right now, where we stand now, I’m anti-arts,” Miss Lynch said of her character, who takes a swipe at “sneaky gays” in an online clip from the show.
“It almost makes it less funny because it is very, very real. … There are people who think that,” Miss Lynch said. “I guess [the 'Glee' creators] want to kind of put it out there in the light of day and say this is what some people think.”
“We’ve taken a couple jabs at the right wing this year,” Mr. Murphy said.
Former Playboy bunny lists new show’s mistakes
NBC’s new program “The Playboy Club” hasn’t gotten off to a good start. The drama, which ranked third in its Monday time slot, has enraged the Parents Television Council as well as former Playboy bunnies.
The show, which follows the bunnies and patrons of Chicago's Playboy Club in the 1960s, features scantily clad servers dancing with customers and clients. Former bunny Marilyn Miller wrote in a note to Vanity Fair that she and her fellow bunnies were forbidden from participating in such activity.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again