- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Groupon COO leaves to go back to Google
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Groupon Inc. says its chief operating officer, Margo Georgiadis, has gone back to Google, where she worked before joining the online deals site earlier this year.
Groupon CEO Andrew Mason announced the change on Groupon’s blog Friday, saying Georgiadis will become president of Google’s Americas region. Now, Groupon’s sales, channels, international and marketing teams will report to him.
Groupon also amended its initial public offering registration statement Friday. It has reportedly been considering delaying its plans to go public. It added updated financial information Mason disclosed to employees in a memo last month that was leaked to the press.
The SEC imposes a “quiet period” on companies before an IPO, limiting what they can say publicly.
Friday’s filing is an indication that Groupon plans to continue with its IPO.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.