- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
South Korean pop star Rain says he’s joining army
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (AP) - South Korean pop star Rain is joining the army.
The 29-year-old singer and actor said Friday that he will enlist in the South Korean military next month.
All able-bodied South Korean men are required to serve two to three years in the military, a legacy of the Korean War of the 1950s.
Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, said on his website that he hopes to come back “more mature.”
He said: “I’ll serve faithfully and diligently.”
One of Asia’s most popular stars, Rain made his Hollywood film debut in “Speed Racer” in 2008 and appeared in “Ninja Assassin” the following year.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.