- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
College Football Today
_ Denard Robinson, Michigan, ran for three scores in the first half and finished with 200 yards, helping the No. 22 Wolverines beat San Diego State 28-7.
_ Bernard Pierce, Temple, ran for a school-record five TDs and 149 yards in the Owls’ stunning 38-7 rout of Maryland.
_ Tevin Washington, Georgia Tech, threw a long touchdown pass and ran for two scores to give the No. 25 Yellow Jackets a 35-28 victory over North Carolina.
_ Matt McGloin, Penn State, threw for three TDs as the Nittany Lions welcomed coach Joe Paterno back to the sideline with a 34-6 win over Eastern Michigan.
_ Casey Pachall, TCU, threw two of his three TD passes during a 21-point scoring spree in a 1:18 span just before halftime, helping the No. 20 Horned Frogs beat Portland State 55-13.
_ Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, set a team record with 16 catches for 176 yards and two TDs in a 38-26 victory over Ohio.
_ Keith Wenning, Ball State, threw for a career-high 324 yards and tied a career-high with three TD passes, leading the Cardinals past Army 48-21.
_ Chris Forcier, Furman, threw seven TD passes to break the school’s single-game record in a 62-21 victory over Presbyterian.
_ J.J. McDermott, SMU, threw for three TDs and 357 yards to lead the Mustangs in a 42-0 rout of Memphis.
_ Scott Darby, Georgetown, threw for four TDs and rushed for another score to lead the Hoyas to a 52-28 win over Marist.
_ Lavante Page, Florida A&M, rushed for five TDs, including two in the fourth quarter, in a 38-33 win over Southern.
_ Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State, threw for a school-record 438 yards and two scores to help the No. 7 Cowboys rally for a 30-29 win over No. 8 Texas A&M.
_ Keith Price, Washington, threw for 292 yards and three TDs as the Huskies knocked off California 31-23.
_ Tajh Boyd, Clemson, threw for 344 yards and three TDs and ran for another as the No. 21 Tigers opened ACC play with a 35-30 victory over No. 11 Florida State.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Global economy, the civilizing power of markets and public morals.
News and opinion from a Millennial Urbanite with Southern sensibilities,
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow