- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
College Football Today
_ Denard Robinson, Michigan, ran for three scores in the first half and finished with 200 yards, helping the No. 22 Wolverines beat San Diego State 28-7.
_ Bernard Pierce, Temple, ran for a school-record five TDs and 149 yards in the Owls’ stunning 38-7 rout of Maryland.
_ Tevin Washington, Georgia Tech, threw a long touchdown pass and ran for two scores to give the No. 25 Yellow Jackets a 35-28 victory over North Carolina.
_ Matt McGloin, Penn State, threw for three TDs as the Nittany Lions welcomed coach Joe Paterno back to the sideline with a 34-6 win over Eastern Michigan.
_ Casey Pachall, TCU, threw two of his three TD passes during a 21-point scoring spree in a 1:18 span just before halftime, helping the No. 20 Horned Frogs beat Portland State 55-13.
_ Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, set a team record with 16 catches for 176 yards and two TDs in a 38-26 victory over Ohio.
_ Keith Wenning, Ball State, threw for a career-high 324 yards and tied a career-high with three TD passes, leading the Cardinals past Army 48-21.
_ Chris Forcier, Furman, threw seven TD passes to break the school’s single-game record in a 62-21 victory over Presbyterian.
_ J.J. McDermott, SMU, threw for three TDs and 357 yards to lead the Mustangs in a 42-0 rout of Memphis.
_ Scott Darby, Georgetown, threw for four TDs and rushed for another score to lead the Hoyas to a 52-28 win over Marist.
_ Lavante Page, Florida A&M, rushed for five TDs, including two in the fourth quarter, in a 38-33 win over Southern.
_ Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State, threw for a school-record 438 yards and two scores to help the No. 7 Cowboys rally for a 30-29 win over No. 8 Texas A&M.
_ Keith Price, Washington, threw for 292 yards and three TDs as the Huskies knocked off California 31-23.
_ Tajh Boyd, Clemson, threw for 344 yards and three TDs and ran for another as the No. 21 Tigers opened ACC play with a 35-30 victory over No. 11 Florida State.
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on nonprofit hospital
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Obama goes from lame to laughable in just one week
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again