- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
College Football Today
_ Denard Robinson, Michigan, ran for three scores in the first half and finished with 200 yards, helping the No. 22 Wolverines beat San Diego State 28-7.
_ Bernard Pierce, Temple, ran for a school-record five TDs and 149 yards in the Owls’ stunning 38-7 rout of Maryland.
_ Tevin Washington, Georgia Tech, threw a long touchdown pass and ran for two scores to give the No. 25 Yellow Jackets a 35-28 victory over North Carolina.
_ Matt McGloin, Penn State, threw for three TDs as the Nittany Lions welcomed coach Joe Paterno back to the sideline with a 34-6 win over Eastern Michigan.
_ Casey Pachall, TCU, threw two of his three TD passes during a 21-point scoring spree in a 1:18 span just before halftime, helping the No. 20 Horned Frogs beat Portland State 55-13.
_ Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, set a team record with 16 catches for 176 yards and two TDs in a 38-26 victory over Ohio.
_ Keith Wenning, Ball State, threw for a career-high 324 yards and tied a career-high with three TD passes, leading the Cardinals past Army 48-21.
_ Chris Forcier, Furman, threw seven TD passes to break the school’s single-game record in a 62-21 victory over Presbyterian.
_ J.J. McDermott, SMU, threw for three TDs and 357 yards to lead the Mustangs in a 42-0 rout of Memphis.
_ Scott Darby, Georgetown, threw for four TDs and rushed for another score to lead the Hoyas to a 52-28 win over Marist.
_ Lavante Page, Florida A&M, rushed for five TDs, including two in the fourth quarter, in a 38-33 win over Southern.
_ Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State, threw for a school-record 438 yards and two scores to help the No. 7 Cowboys rally for a 30-29 win over No. 8 Texas A&M.
_ Keith Price, Washington, threw for 292 yards and three TDs as the Huskies knocked off California 31-23.
_ Tajh Boyd, Clemson, threw for 344 yards and three TDs and ran for another as the No. 21 Tigers opened ACC play with a 35-30 victory over No. 11 Florida State.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes