- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Vick active for Eagles, Umenyiora sits for Giants
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Michael Vick is active, as expected, for the Eagles and playing against the New York Giants after recovering from a concussion last Sunday against Atlanta.
The Philadelphia quarterback practiced for a second consecutive day Friday and pronounced himself ready to go. The Eagles didn’t have defensive ends Darryl Tapp and Juqua Parker. Quarterback Vince Young was in uniform for the first time this season. He had missed the first two games with a hamstring injury.
Giants Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora and wide receiver Mario Manningham were among New York’s inactives.
First-round draft pick Prince Amukamara also was inactive for New York, which lost wideout Domenik Hixon for the season in last week’s win over St. Louis.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq