- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
Devils will retire Niedermayer’s number
Question of the Day
Niedermayer, who won three Stanley Cup championships across 12 seasons in New Jersey, will be the third player to have such an honor, and they all played the same position. New Jersey also retired defensemen Ken Daneyko’s No. 3 and former captain Scott Stevens’ No. 4.
Niedermayer retired in June 2010 after 17 NHL seasons, and finished his career with the Anaheim Ducks. He won his fourth and final Cup with the Ducks in 2007.
“You don’t really think about it, but then when you do get that call and you do have the time to think about it, it means a lot,” Niedermayer said. “I was in New Jersey for a long time and had a lot of great things happen to me there.
“It’s a special honor, for sure.”
Niedermayer served as the Devils‘ captain from Jan. 9, 2004 through the end of that season. He also won the Conn Smythe Trophy as most valuable player of the playoffs in 2007 with Anaheim, and won two Olympic gold medals with Team Canada.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- EDITORIAL: A new witch hunt in Salem
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq