- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Guillen’s website indicated he was taking Marlins job
MIAMI — Ozzie Guillen’s website apparently leaked the news he has agreed to become manager of the Florida Marlins.
A post Monday night quoted Guillen announcing he was Florida bound. The blog was taken down a short time later and replaced by a post that discussed Guillen’s departure from the Chicago White Sox while making no mention of the Marlins.
Hours earlier, Marlins manager Jack McKeon, 80, said he would retire at the end of the season.
On Tuesday afternoon Guillen tweeted: “Weird to be in miami in this time but very happy ready to go”. His briefly posted blog said he had hoped to spend his entire managerial career with the White Sox.
NBA owners, players meet; talks to resume Wednesday
NEW YORK — Negotiators for the NBA and its players met for about two hours and will talk again Wednesday. Both sides said the shortness of Tuesday’s meeting is not cause for concern nor optimism but that they needed time to think about what had been discussed.
Commissioner David Stern hints that Wednesday’s session will determine when more discussions are warranted.
With training camps postponed and a week of exhibition games already canceled, players and owners are trying to agree on a labor deal in time to avoid any further damage to the NBA calendar.
Crittenton free on bond after being charged with murder
ATLANTA — An Atlanta judge is allowing ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton to go free on bond after he was charged with murder in a drive-by shooting. Crittenton, a former Georgia Tech star, played for the Washington Wizards.
He was released on $230,000 bond after hours of testimony from friends and coaches. Georgia Tech coach Paul Hewitt and others who testified on Crittenton’s behalf were ordered to co-sign the bond.
Crittenton is charged in the August shooting Julian Jones, 22. Police have said the shots were aimed at someone walking with her.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.