- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
The other racism
“Hope and change” has evolved into scare and pain (“Obama to blacks: ‘Stop complaining’ and fight,” Web, Saturday). The subject of the article illustrates that President Obama is nothing more than a conventional, partisan political hack and race-baiter who preys on people’s fears based on color and ethnicity.
Mr. Obama and his bigoted, liberal cohorts in the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) encourage the black community to continue supporting the president regardless of his economic policies, which have disproportionately hurt the black community. The CBC and many supposed “civil rights” leaders prove what many in the white community have always surmised in private but have been afraid to say publicly lest they be branded a bigot or racist: The color of a person’s skin is given more importance than the content of one’s character.
The entire concept of Dr. Martin Luther King’s dream of equality under the law has been corrupted to mean that if you are of a certain race, you’re more entitled to the public benefit of citizenship (read: tax money) and have civil-rights exceptions carved out for you that other citizens aren’t allowed to enjoy. That is not “hope and change.” It is an abuse of the Constitution and a form of bigotry.
Certain citizens and corporations have been shaken down by a contingent that wishes to continue looting an empty Treasury to redistribute the wealth and silence anyone who opposes them.
Virginia Beach, Va.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Get Breaking Alerts
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial