- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
Onyewu back on US roster for upcoming matches
Question of the Day
Onyewu is one of only three players on the 22-man list released Thursday who has not been in camp with the Americans since coach Jurgen Klinsmann took over last month. The others are goalkeeper Nick Rimando and German-born Danny Williams, who will be eligible to play for the United States after his citizenship is certified.
Klinsmann said FIFA has approved Fabian Johnson’s application to switch from Germany’s national team program to the U.S. Johnson, a midfielder and defender for Hoffenheim, currently is sidelined by a neck injury, He started for Germany in the final of the Under-21 European Championship two years ago.
Goalkeepers: Bill Hamid, Tim Howard, Nick Rimando.
Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra, Timmy Chandler, Steve Cherundolo, Oguchi Onyewu, Michael Orozco Fiscal, Tim Ream, Jonathan Spector.
Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman, Michael Bradley, Clint Dempsey, Maurice Edu, Jeff Larentowicz, Brek Shea, Danny Williams.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq