- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
Bachmann’s campaign chief stepping down
Question of the Day
COLUMBIA, S.C. — The campaign chief and deputy campaign manager for Republican presidential contender Michele Bachmann are leaving in a campaign shake-up.
Bachmann campaign manager Ed Rollins tells CNN that at 68 he just doesn’t have the stamina for 12- and 14-hour days every day of the week. He says he had planned a transition after putting into place a campaign team and getting past the Iowa Straw Poll. He plans to continue as a senior adviser.
Rollins says his deputy and longtime colleague, David Polyansky, decided that it was a good time for him to leave the campaign as well.
Rollins says Texas Gov. Rick Perry changed the dynamic when he joined the field. He says the race is between Perry and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, with Bachmann as No. 3.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida judge slaps GOP's redistricting plans: You 'made a mockery' of process
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- EXCLUSIVE: Head of trademark office accused of nepotism
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs