- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Florida authorities ban autistic boy from owning therapeutic chickens
- Defendant in Lee Rigby machete murder trial: ‘I love al Qaeda’
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, ‘cherry-picked’ intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a ‘wealthy white men’ racist word
- Democrat thwarts Nevada activist’s try to name peak after Reagan
Daily Caller: Kathy Griffin insinuates Marcus Bachmann is gay
Kathy Griffin insinuates Marcus Bachmann is gay
Now that making fun of Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann is so yesterday, comedian Kathy Griffin is going after the Republican presidential hopeful’s husband of 33 years, Marcus Bachmann.
During a recent appearance on Craig Ferguson’s “Late Late Show,” the red-haired television personality took jabs at Mr. Bachmann, who runs a center that attempts to turn gays straight.
“The Bravo special was supposed to be called ‘Pray the Gay Back.’ You get the Marcus Bachmann joke?” Miss Griffin said.
She went on to hint that perhaps Marcus Bachmann opposes same-sex couples because he himself is attracted to men.
Before the former “My Life on the D-List” host could finish, Mr. Ferguson advised her to be careful. Starting over, Miss Griffin said Mr. Bachmann seems similar to the guys who attend her stand-up acts. A known gay rights activist, Miss Griffin previously has referred to her gay friends as “the gays.”
“I would say that Marcus Bachmann reminds me of a lot of the type of men who come see my live shows,” Miss Griffin said. “And he wants people to pray the gay away, and so I was going to call [my TV] special ‘Pray the Gay Back.’ “
Instead, Bravo will title the special “Kathy Griffin: Pants Off.”
Mr. Bachmann is nowhere near the first right-leaning person Miss Griffin has insulted publicly. She reportedly has called Michele Bachmann a bigot to her face, made jabs about “Dancing With the Stars” finalist Bristol Palin’s weight, threatened to begin bullying teenager Willow Palin and poked fun at Christine O’Donnell during a “Glee” guest appearance as a narrow-minded tea party member.
“Iron Man 2” star Scarlett Johansson can’t make it out to the Marine Corps Ball, but she’s using her celebrity to help Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer land the 2013 New York mayoral election.
According to PolitickerNY, the 26-year-old lifelong New Yorker will be campaigning for Mr. Stringer. A vocal supporter of President Obama during the 2008 election cycle, Miss Johansson is assisting with an October kickoff bash, plans to get friends on board with Mr. Stringer and intends to pledge the maximum amount of $4,950.
“I love Scott,” the “Sexiest Woman Alive” told the publication. “He’s so the right guy for the job … Scott’s very environmentally aware, and he wants to reinvest in New York in a cultural way, in a social way - to make the city affordable and available and enjoyable for New Yorkers. Thats what I want to see. Everyone I know that grew up here or lives here or works here, we want that. We want to see transportation expanded. We want a greener New York, a cleaner New York.”
Miss Johansson added that New York is ready for a change after three terms of “a money man, a businessman” and could use more affordable housing. Though a registered independent, Miss Johansson has pushed for liberal causes and politicians. In 2008, she campaigned for Mr. Obama, recorded a phone message for election efforts and said, “My heart belongs to Barack.” Earlier this year, she reportedly was romantically linked to leftist “I Am Sam” actor Sean Penn, with whom she attended the 2011 White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Ever wondered why people have such trouble getting along?
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
Taking a deeper look at the undeniable connection between mind and body from a writer and speaker on matters of health, and a practitioner of Christian Science.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow