- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Daily Caller: Kathy Griffin insinuates Marcus Bachmann is gay
Question of the Day
‘Glee’ actress participates in ‘bruised-up Barbie shoot’
Domestic violence is no sexy matter, so it’s more than a little bizarre that Los Angeles photographer Tyler Shields put together a “bruised-up Barbie” photo shoot of blond “Glee” star Heather Morris.
The 24-year-old actress, who plays perky blond cheerleader Brittany on the television series, has a fake black eye and sports a ponytail and old-fashioned black-and-white polka-dot dress in the shoot, giving the pictures a 1950s feel.
“Even Barbie gets bruises,” Mr. Shields wrote in his blog, which includes snapshots of Miss Morris’ hands tied up, the bare-shouldered actress drinking water from an iron, and the female celebrity pulling her hair while sprawled on an ironing board. Miss Morris also can be seen beaming as she pretends to iron Mr. Shields’ crotch.
Though Mr. Shields told E! that he wasn’t encouraging domestic abuse, many have been chafed by the odd photos.
“I don’t know if Tyler is aware, but I’m quite sure there are plenty of women who have been abused by these kinds of household appliances and children as well being hit with electrical cords,” Rita Smith of the Denver-based National Coalition Against Domestic Violence told E!. “If he had stopped with the image of the bruise, [the pictures] could conceivably be used as a way to raise awareness about the impact of violence, but the other things do make it look appealing, as if she might be enjoying the process, and I don’t think that’s helpful.”
Mr. Shields is also the man behind last year’s creepy Lindsay Lohan photo shoot, which showed the natural redhead in a sheer bra with a gun to her face inside a blood-splattered room.
“Glee” cast members have been known to participate in racy magazine spreads. Last year, the program’s stars Dianna Agron, Lea Michele and Cory Monteith dressed down for a sexually suggestive GQ pictorial. The Parents Television Council said the GQ shoot “borders on pedophilia” and is a “near-pornographic display.”
• Compiled by Laura Donovan 2011 the Daily Caller.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq