- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Elizabeth Taylor’s iconic jewels coming to auction
Question of the Day
Christie’s said the top 80 jewelry pieces will be shipped prior to the auction to Geneva, Paris, Hong Kong, Dubai and Los Angeles; many of them also will be shown in London and Moscow. Serious collectors will be able to try on the jewelry by appointment.
The entire collection will be exhibited from Dec. 3-10 at Christie’s New York galleries.
A portion of the proceeds from the exhibition admissions and publications related to the sales will be donated to The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. Proceeds from the auctions will go to Taylor’s estate.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Bradley Manning, as Chelsea Manning, pens thank-you to MLK from prison
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Pope Franciss colorful past: Gods nightclub bouncer
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Out of the Furnace'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!