- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Greg Jones ready to replace Goff as Giants MLB
Question of the Day
“I don’t think we need to change much with Greg stepping in,” Boley said. “He has been pretty steady at that spot in the preseason and made a lot of plays.”
It is conceivable that the Giants can come up with a gimmick defense that will allow the team to limit Jones‘ exposure against the Redskins, much like last season when they used Grant in three safety alignments. If not, safety Antrel Rolle said the defense will have Jones‘ back.
“Jon Goff was definitely coming into his own. He was controlling the defense,” Rolle said. “It’s unfortunate we have to move on without him. Greg is going to have to do the job. He is a young guy and now he has to put on his big boy pads.”
The Giants had about 10 free agent linebackers in for tryouts, including former Giants Chase Blackburn and Kawika Mitchell. Blackburn, who visited teammates in the locker room on Wednesday, was the backup middle linebacker last season, and their special teams captain.
The injury also is giving free agent Mark Herzlich some time at middle linebacker. He last played that position as a freshman at Boston College.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors