- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
Inside the Beltway
Question of the Day
COLD ON BALDWIN
Yeah, well. That’s the name of Ben & Jerry’s newest limited-batch ice cream flavor, inspired by Alec Baldwin’s comedic Christmastime performance as “Pete Schweddy” on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” years ago. Mr. Baldwin, who is seriously mulling a run for mayor of New York City in 2013, say he’s delighted to be “immortalized” in the flavor, which consists of vanilla ice cream with a tad of rum and “loaded with fudge-covered rum balls and milk-chocolate malt balls.”
POLL DU JOUR
• 36 percent of Americans say additional spending on roads and public works will help jobs creation “a lot.”
• 24 percent of Republicans and 48 percent of Democrats agree.
• 31 percent overall say budget cuts to reduce the deficit will help improve jobs creation “a lot.”
• 47 percent of Republicans and 23 percent of Democrats agree.
• 31 percent overall say cutting taxes on business will help jobs creation “a lot.”
• 43 percent of Republicans and 23 percent of Democrats agree.
• 24 percent overall say cutting personal income taxes will help jobs creation “a lot.”
• 37 percent of Republicans and 17 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: A Pew Research Center for the People & the Press/Washington Post survey of 1,001 U.S. adults conducted Sept. 1 to 4.
• Caterwaul, doggerel, squeaks to email@example.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Ron Paul giving away a Colt AR-15 in the name of 'freedom'
- John Bolton endorses Scott Brown, the newest 'national security candidate'
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Alaska's language challenge: translating tax forms into Siberian Yupik (at $50 an hour)
- Third time the charm? Americans wish certain presidents had stayed beyond two terms
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world