COLD ON BALDWIN
Yeah, well. That’s the name of Ben & Jerry’s newest limited-batch ice cream flavor, inspired by Alec Baldwin’s comedic Christmastime performance as “Pete Schweddy” on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” years ago. Mr. Baldwin, who is seriously mulling a run for mayor of New York City in 2013, say he’s delighted to be “immortalized” in the flavor, which consists of vanilla ice cream with a tad of rum and “loaded with fudge-covered rum balls and milk-chocolate malt balls.”
POLL DU JOUR
• 36 percent of Americans say additional spending on roads and public works will help jobs creation “a lot.”
• 24 percent of Republicans and 48 percent of Democrats agree.
• 31 percent overall say budget cuts to reduce the deficit will help improve jobs creation “a lot.”
• 47 percent of Republicans and 23 percent of Democrats agree.
• 31 percent overall say cutting taxes on business will help jobs creation “a lot.”
• 43 percent of Republicans and 23 percent of Democrats agree.
• 24 percent overall say cutting personal income taxes will help jobs creation “a lot.”
• 37 percent of Republicans and 17 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: A Pew Research Center for the People & the Press/Washington Post survey of 1,001 U.S. adults conducted Sept. 1 to 4.
• Caterwaul, doggerel, squeaks to firstname.lastname@example.org.