- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
AP Interview: Fassbender sizzles in ‘Jane Eyre’
LONDON (AP) - At the moment, there’s just no stopping Michael Fassbender.
At the Venice Film Festival he’s promoting two films, not one: “Shame” by director Steve McQueen and Steven Soderbergh’s “A Dangerous Method.”
Now the German-born Irish actor is back in London for his latest film “Jane Eyre,” where his brooding Mr. Rochester runs smack into Mia Wasikowska’s timid but fiercely feministic Jane.
Fassbender tells The Associated Press that his character appears “very bipolar” and needs Jane more than she needs him. He also credits director Cary Fukunaga for powerful visuals and Wasikowska for her “exceptional” performance.
“Jane Eyre” opens Friday in the U.K.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- John Edwards back in court this time as a lawyer for Va. boy's malpractice case
- Pentagon extends deployment of fighter jets to Poland
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.