- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Gospel’s Kirk Franklin honored by Rock Hall
Question of the Day
CLEVELAND (AP) - Grammy-winning gospel singer Kirk Franklin has been honored at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s “Rock My Soul” celebration in Cleveland as part of the festivities leading up to this year’s induction ceremony.
Performing during the two-hour event Tuesday night at the Playhouse Square State Theatre were gospel greats Donnie McClurkin and Fred Hammond.
Also taking the stage were the Olivet Institutional Baptist Church Ensemble, the Mount Zion Oakwood Village Praise Team, Mark T. Jackson and Final Call and Yarbrough & Company.
Franklin gave a short performance to end the celebration.
Hall of Fame President and CEO Terry Stewart tells The Plain Dealer of Cleveland ( http://bit.ly/IijQze) that gospel is “an integral part of our music.” Without gospel, he says, there’d be no rock `n’ roll.
Information from: The Plain Dealer, http://www.cleveland.com
By Matt Kibbe
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow