- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Lexus announces pricing for 2013 GS 450h and other models
Lexus announced the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the all-new 2013 GS 450h hybrid luxury sport sedan, the complete 2013 RX luxury utility vehicle line, and a price adjustment to the 2012 IS luxury sport sedan.
Equipped with the second generation Lexus Hybrid Drive system, the 2013 GS 450h delivers 338 total system horsepower, while achieving 31 combined city/highway mpg. Arriving in dealerships in May, the 2013 GS 450h will have a base MSRP of $58,950, unchanged from the model it replaces.
The updated 2013 RX once again raises the bar for design, engineering, and luxury innovation in the segment it created. Arriving in dealerships this month, the 2013 RX 350 carries a starting MSRP of $39,310. Offering V8-like performance and fuel economy similar to a four-cylinder sedan, the 2013 RX450h will also arrive at dealerships this month with a starting MSRP of $45,910.
Featuring an eight-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters and a sport-tuned suspension with performance dampers, the RX F SPORT was designed to engage driving enthusiasts. When it arrives at dealerships in July, the RX 350 F SPORT will have a base MSRP of $47,000.
The 2012 Lexus IS luxury sport sedan will receive an increase of $200, representing a percentage increase of 0.5% to 0.6% on a model-by-model basis.
MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.
The 2013 GS 450h will complete the GS lineup when it joins the recently launched GS 350 and GS 350 F SPORT at Lexus dealerships in May. With a total system power output of 338 horsepower, the GS 450h not only has the power of a V8, but also exceeds most V6 engines in fuel economy with best-in-class EPA estimated ratings of 29 mpg city, 34 mpg highway, and 31 mpg combined. The GS 450h is certified as a Super-Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (SULEV).
Like the GS 350, the new GS hybrid also features Lexus Drive Mode Select. In addition to the Normal, Eco, Sport S, Sport S+ modes available on the GS 350, the GS 450h adds an EV mode, which allows the driver to travel a short distance at low speed using only the hybrid battery pack.
Available options to help further enhance occupant safety include a Pre-Collision System, which uses the radar sensors shared with the Dynamic Cruise Control System to provide early warning of upcoming objects that might result in a collision as well as to apply braking force in the case of an impending collision, a Night Vision System, Heads Up Display, Blind Spot Monitor, and Lane Keep Assist (LKA) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW). LKA and LDW provide a small amount of active steering torque to help maintain course and alert the driver if the system detects that the vehicle is beginning to drift out of the lane.
Next-generation Lexus multimedia brings a host of entertainment and connectivity enhancements, including the Lexus Enform App Suite (one-year trial subscription included) and standard enhanced Bluetooth capability with automatic phonebook download and streaming audio.
RX 350 and RX 450h
The RX, the top-selling luxury utility vehicle in America for 14 years, raises the bar even higher in 2013 with numerous interior and exterior upgrades. The RX 450h with Lexus Hybrid Drive also receives these enhancements.
The bold new face of Lexus, the signature spindle grille, is complemented by a new headlamp design, LED daytime running lights, distinctive fog lamp bezels, and an aggressive new bumper. Updated taillamps and the rear license plate surround complete the exterior enhancements.
The luxurious and spacious RX receives numerous interior enhancements for 2013. The steering wheel has been redesigned with a sportier look and a more comfortable and relaxing grip. A metallic accent enhances the look of the glove box. The center console has been redesigned for versatility and easy accessibility.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MEANS: U.S. economy on schedule to crash March 4, 2014
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again