- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Slavery no less repugnant in Muslim nations
Question of the Day
Further evidence that Shariah-law-compliant states are hostile toward Christians was reported last week. The North Sudanese ordered the 400,000 to 500,000 remaining Christians to leave by April 8. I wonder if the North Sudanese have started implementing this inhumane aspect of Shariah law, turning North Sudan into an extreme theocracy like Iran.
Nearly 1 million Sephardic Jews were likewise ordered to leave various Arab countries since 1949. A nearly equal number of Palestinians have been afforded refugee status in United Nations camps. While the Jewish refugee phenomena has been glossed over, the Palestinians’ successful absorption into Israeli national life stands in contrast to the poor treatment that Palestinians have received in Islamic and Arab nations. It is also a reason why the Israelis have refused agreement on a Palestinian “Right of Return.”
One can only hope North Sudan will also release the 35,000 non-Muslim slaves they hold in cruel servitude with the other Christians they are expelling and robbing. Historically, Muslim Sudanese killed hundreds of thousands of non-Muslims in slave raids and sold the few survivors to Egyptian plantations, where life expectancy was 10 years. The Egyptian slave cotton plantations were operated by a wealthy and a corrupt Ottoman sultanate until the late 1890s. The notion that slavery under Islamic rule is benevolent is a near-total myth.
Would it be worse if these Christians are driven into refugee status without the notice of the world and the international press? President Obama is loath to make any criticism of Islamic barabarism. In Afghanistan, the murder of innocent non-Muslims went largely unreported and uncondemned in the aftermath of the Koran burnings. Just how valuable is a non-Muslim life in these nations?
TERRY M. STAUB
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- 'Duck Dynasty' star's daughter gets charity boost from congressman
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals