- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Brent Sutter to coach Canada at worlds
CALGARY, ALBERTA (AP) - Brent Sutter wasn’t out of work for long.
“This is a coaching staff that has a great deal of professional and international experience,” Team Canada general manager Kevin Lowe said in a statement. “Brent, Guy and Kirk are all looking forward to working with the 17 players we have named and leading this group to success in Helsinki.”
Flames GM Jay Feaster announced on Thursday that Sutter and the NHL club agreed to not renew his contract when it expired at the end of June. Calgary narrowly missed the playoffs in all three seasons under Sutter, compiling a 118-90-38 record overall.
Sutter has coached Canada in international competition before, leading the country to a gold medal at the 2005 and 2006 world juniors. He also led Canada to a 7-0-1 record at the 2006 Canada-Russia Super Series, which featured both countries’ national junior programs.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
- HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow