- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Finally! Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt get engaged
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - It’s official: Brangelina is engaged.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie haven’t set a wedding date yet, but their engagement “is a promise for the future,” Pitt’s manager, Cynthia Pett-Dante, said in an email Friday.
Pitt, 48, and Jolie, 36, have six children together. “Their kids are very happy,” Pett-Dante also said.
Jeweler Robert Procop worked with Pitt to design the ring. A news release describes it as featuring a long diamond amid a “galaxy of smaller stones.” It took a year to design.
The A-list celebrities have been partners since they began a relationship in 2005 while working on the film “Mr. & Mrs. Smith.”
Already megawatt superstars in their own right, the romantic pairing of Pitt and Jolie instantly made them Hollywood’s most glamorous and photographed couple. The fact that Pitt was still married to Jennifer Anniston when he met Jolie only added to the tabloid fodder; Pitt and Aniston divorced in 2005 after five years of marriage.
As the couple dubbed “Brangelina” added to their family over the years through the adoption and birth of their children, the question always swirled as to when _ or whether _ the two would ever wed.
For some time, it seemed as if they might not. They often spoke about how they were comfortable without an official arrangement, and Pitt famously said he didn’t want to get married until all people _ including gays _ had the same right.
Jolie was briefly married to Billy Bob Thornton, but they divorced in 2003. She was also married to British actor Jonny Lee Miller before they divorced in 1999.
Jolie won an Oscar for her role in 1999’s “Girl, Interrupted.” Pitt was recently nominated for an Academy Award for his role in last year’s “Moneyball.”
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him on Twitter at http://twitter.com/musicmesfin.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!