- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall
CLEVELAND (AP) - The Beastie Boys, three white New Yorkers who helped bring rap music to the suburbs in the 1980s, have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Dismissed early on as beer-drinking frat boys, Adam “Ad-rock” Horovitz, Adam “MCA” Yauch and Michael “Mike D” Diamond debuted with songs like “(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (to Party)!” but the Beasties eventually won over critics and fans with their sharp lyrics, samples and beats.
They are the third hip-hop group to be inducted, joining Run-D.M.C. and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.
Fellow rappers LL Cool J and Chuck D inducted the Beasties Saturday night in Cleveland. Chuck D called the Beastie Boys “one of the greatest live acts in music” and said their impact cannot be measured.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.