- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Werth’s game-ending RBI in 13th on Fri. 13th rare
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) - Only twice in the past 49 years has a major leaguer produced a game-ending RBI in the 13th inning on Friday the 13th.
Back in 1963, there also was a 13-13 just like that, when the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the San Francisco Giants 5-4 on Hall of Famer Willie Stargell’s triple. And who scored the winning run for Pittsburgh on that Friday the 13th after drawing a one-out walk in the 13th inning? Dick Schofield _ who just so happens to be Werth’s grandfather.
“It’s freaky, a little. It’s cool,” Werth said Saturday. “I like stuff like that _ the unexplainable.”
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq