- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Chelsea ‘embarrassed’ by fans at Wembley
LONDON (AP) - Chelsea says a section of its fans “embarrassed” the club by singing and jeering during a minute’s silence to pay respects to the 96 victims of the Hillsborough Stadium disaster in 1989 and the death of Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini.
The jeering occurred before kickoff in Sunday’s FA Cup semifinal at Wembley Stadium.
Chelsea released a statement saying the club “is extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honoring the moment’s silence.”
Interim Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo added that he was “extremely disappointed” by the fans’ actions.
Morosini collapsed and died Saturday after suffering a heart attack during a Serie B game in Italy.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.