- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Chelsea ‘embarrassed’ by fans at Wembley
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - Chelsea says a section of its fans “embarrassed” the club by singing and jeering during a minute’s silence to pay respects to the 96 victims of the Hillsborough Stadium disaster in 1989 and the death of Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini.
The jeering occurred before kickoff in Sunday’s FA Cup semifinal at Wembley Stadium.
Chelsea released a statement saying the club “is extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honoring the moment’s silence.”
Interim Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo added that he was “extremely disappointed” by the fans’ actions.
Morosini collapsed and died Saturday after suffering a heart attack during a Serie B game in Italy.
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world