- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Dodgers turn triple play in 9th against Padres
Question of the Day
The bizarre play came with the score tied 4-all Sunday.
Chris Denorfia led off with a single against Javy Guerra. Chase Headley walked and Jesus Guzman squared to bunt the runners over, but the pitch came high and tight and hit Guzman’s bat as he backed up from the pitch. The ball landed in front of the plate and catcher A.J. Ellis alertly picked it up and threw to third.
Guzman, startled by what happened, didn’t run to first base, which made it easy for third baseman Juan Uribe to relay to shortstop Dee Gordon at second base. In turn, he threw to James Loney to complete the triple play.
Padres manager Bud Black came out to argue with plate umpire and crew chief Dale Scott, who ejected him.
It was the Dodgers‘ first triple play since June 13, 1998, against Colorado at Dodger Stadium.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors