- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (April 9-15)
“This was not a week from hell, but at least from southern Purgatory. North Korea’s “young Un” defied the U.S. by launching a rocket; the normally beyond reproach Secret Service is tarnished in a prostitution scandal in Colombia on the eve of Mr. Obama’s high-profile trip to the region; and he releases his 2011 tax filing to show that he pays a lower rate than his own secretary. And then there was Hilary this week. No, not THAT one — but Hilary Rosen, who gratuitously went after Republican Mitt Romney’s wife, by saying she had never worked a day in her life. With the president enjoying a huge gender gap and growing support from moderate women who fear Republican excess on issues like birth control, Ms. Rosen showed why liberals are not often loved, especially when they have wrong (and arrogant) answers to questions that were not even asked. The Obama team immediately distanced itself, but a new debate has opened up about women and choice, something the Romneys needed and Mr. Obama did not.”
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby).
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- PRUDEN: Waiting for Nelson Mandela without the tears
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow