- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Suspect in Joss Stone plot in mental-health unit
LONDON (AP) - One of the men accused of plotting to kidnap and murder soul singer Joss Stone has been placed in a mental-health unit ahead of his trial in August.
Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool were arrested in June near Stone’s secluded house in the town of Cullompton, 175 miles (280 kilometers) southwest of London. Prosecutors have said a samurai sword and notes mentioning Stone’s name were found in their car.
Exeter Crown Court heard Monday that results of a psychiatric test to determine Bradshaw’s fitness to stand trial will be made available in June.
Bradshaw has not yet entered a plea to charges of conspiracy to murder and other crimes.
Liverpool has pleaded not guilty to the same charges.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.