- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
George Jones postpones shows due to health
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - George Jones needs more time to recover from a recent upper respiratory infection.
The 80-year-old country music singer is postponing his upcoming shows on April 20 and 21 in Minnesota and South Dakota. A statement from Jones‘ publicist, Kirt Webster, says doctors have advised Jones to continue resting at his Tennessee home for another week. The shows will be rescheduled.
Jones says in the statement that he never wants to cancel a show, but he has to do what the doctors tell him. He thanks all the fans from the bottom of his heart for their prayers and says he looks forward to seeing them on the road soon.
Jones was hospitalized for nearly a week earlier this month.
The Country Music Hall of Fame member is known for dozens of classic hits including “He Stopped Loving Her Today” and “White Lightning.”
For the latest country music news from The Associated Press, follow: http://www.twitter.com/AP_Country
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again