- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
Meryl Streep, Kevin Kline play ‘Romeo and Juliet’
NEW YORK (AP) - Kevin Kline will play Romeo opposite Meryl Streep's Juliet for a one-night-only staged reading of Shakespeare's play in Central Park.
The Public Theater said Tuesday that Streep and Kline will combine on June 18 to help celebrate the 50th anniversary of its Shakespeare in the Park series. Daniel Sullivan will direct.
To make that night even more giddy, Al Pacino will be honored for his body of work with the Public, which includes his playing Shylock in "The Merchant of Venice" in 2010.
Streep has performed five times at the park's Delacorte Theatre since 1976, most recently in "Mother Courage and Her Children" in 2006 with Kline, who has performed nine times in the park since 1970.
Tickets for the gala aren't cheap: They begin at $1,500.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.