- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
49ers Baalke still considers Gregg Williams friend
Gregg Williams has admitted to his role in overseeing the bounty system that offered Saints defenders payment for painful hits. He left New Orleans after last season _ his third with the Saints _ and was hired as defensive coordinator by the St. Louis Rams.
“I don’t really look too much into it, because Gregg is one of my best coaches ever,” Rogers said. “I never experienced the bounty stuff. All the stuff I heard about, I didn’t read too much into it because for me, sitting in that locker room, he’s just an aggressive coach. He talks aggressive. The whole bounty thing is just a word that is used as a bad word but also he’s not out to hurt anybody. Everything I’ve seen him do, even when I watched clips, I’ve never seen anybody carted off. If you really want to go after somebody, it’s easy to do _ you just go hit their knee or hit whatever you want to target every time.”
Rogers has made a name for himself with the 49ers, sharing the team lead with six interceptions last season for the NFC West champions. He was re-signed to a $31.3 million, four-year contract last month.
“That’s one of my closest friends, coaches. We’re still close,” Rogers said. “I know he regrets it. I hope he gets a second chance.”
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014