- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Miller’s gun series enlightening, educating
Question of the Day
Thank you for “D.C.’s newest shooter” (Page B1, Tuesday) concerning D.C. Council Chairman Kwame R. Brown and his recent experience at a gun range.
I love it when a liberal sees the light and realizes guns don’t murder, bad people do. I have to admit, Mr. Brown looked pretty happy in the range photos. It appeared that he fit right in.
I have followed Emily Miller’s series of highly enlightening Op-Eds over the past few months, and this latest one was the icing on the cake. I want to see more of these. I am a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association and a certified pistol instructor. I have an intense interest in our Second Amendment.
Continue the good work. Miss Miller is educating many people.
FRED C. SEBLY
Mount Airy, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports