- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
Bentley and Starwood announce a global partnership
Bentley Motors is delighted to announce a global partnership with St Regis and The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide. The partnership underpins the heritage and world-class excellence of both brands, creating signature experiences for guests, residents and customers with driving programmes, special events, brand initiatives and house fleets at flagship hotels around the world.
“Starwood’s luxury brands continue to grow globally and so does the global nature of our guests,” said Paul James, Global Brand Leader for St. Regis Hotels & Resorts. “We are committed to providing experiences that far surpass their expectations, and this partnership with Bentley enables our discerning guests to explore must-see destinations in unparalleled style.”
Bentley Continental Flying Spur models have been chosen as the house fleet for a new generation of luxury travellers at St. Regis hotels and resorts around the world, from The St. Regis Singapore and The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort in Abu Dhabi to the brand’s flagship in New York. In October 2011, St. Regis hosted a bespoke Italian driving tour for Bentley model owners and guests of The St. Regis Rome and the newly opened St. Regis Florence.
The Continental Flying Spur combines the exquisite design and peerless craftsmanship for which Bentley is renowned with the dynamics and power of the Continental GT to provide a luxurious and potent motoring experience that has attracted a new breed of discerning customers to the marque. ?The ability to undertake long journeys in great comfort has been the hallmark of every Bentley, and never has that been better demonstrated than in the iconic R-Type Continental from 1952 and its four-door descendant, the Continental Flying Spur.
The model has continued the Bentley bloodline of sporting Grand Tourers derived from the original elegant yet powerful 1957 Continental Flying Spur. Similarly inspired by the most desirable coupe of its day, it delivers awesome performance as well as extraordinary comfort and elegance. Both attributes harmonise with the expectations of discerning Starwood guests.
“At Bentley, we are committed to maintaining our position as the definitive British luxury car company” said Joe Ashworth, head of customer relations at Bentley Motors. “It is therefore important that we partner with a pinnacle brand that underpins our own values of craftsmanship, style and sophistication. Our current and prospective customers recognise the heritage of both brands, and with Starwood’s Luxury Brands we aim to broaden the appeal and experience of Bentley.”
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, a portfolio of 80 hotels and resorts in over 35 countries, offers unparalleled engagement with some of the world’s most exciting and desirable destinations. Through this partnership, Bentley staged its global media drive of the Continental Flying Spur in 2005 at the Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Venice. In February this year, Bentley unveiled its newest Continental GT and GTC V8 models at the award-winning Marques de Riscal, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Ilciego, Spain.
This month, The Luxury Collection and Bentley extend their partnership to Austria with an inaugural drive. The scenic Springtime Bentley Grand Tour from Vienna to Salzburg will last two days and offers guests an incomparable way to experience the country. The journey will showcase four iconic Luxury Collection Hotels including the Hotel Imperial in Vienna and the Schloss Fuschl in Salzburg. The participants of the exclusive drive will have two astonishing options to explore the route through Austria. Both the Continental W12 and the Continental V8 impress with their very own distinctive drive characteristics.
Through signature programmes such as St. Regis Aficionado, Journeys by The Luxury Collection and SPG Moments, Starwood will continue to create opportunities for its guests to experience exhilarating driving programmes around the world with Bentley and offer insider access to once-in-a-lifetime St. Regis and Luxury Collection experiences.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- PRUDEN: Waiting for Nelson Mandela without the tears
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
News and opinion from a Millennial Urbanite with Southern sensibilities,
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow