- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
Easy does it for spring vegetables
Question of the Day
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 bunch asparagus
1 bunch broccolini
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
In a small bowl, mix together the butter and flour until completely smooth. Set aside.
In a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high, heat the oil. Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook the chicken legs until well-browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Add the onions to the pot and brown for 8 minutes. Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits. Return the chicken legs to the pan along with the stock and thyme. Bring to a low simmer, then cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken legs are tender, about 30 minutes.
When the chicken is cooked, place the asparagus and broccolini over the chicken and cover. Allow the vegetables to steam for 4 to 5 minutes, or until just tender and bright green.
Transfer the chicken legs and vegetables to a platter. Increase the heat to medium-high and whisk in the flour and butter mixture. Continue whisking until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the vinegar, then season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener