- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Economic inequality tops racial issues among millennials
At 18 to 24, more liberal, more diverse
Question of the Day
For this generation, gay marriage and abortion are not crucial political issues facing the country.
Some of the survey’s findings paint an unflattering picture of the millennials’ cultural and political literacy. Almost 20 percent do not follow the news online and 31 percent don’t watch television news.
When respondents do read online news, their top source is Yahoo! News. Only 17 percent said they follow traditional broadcast news.
“There are significant correlations between most trusted media sources for giving accurate information about current events and politics,” Mr. Jones said. “Those who say they trust Fox News most are significantly less likely than those who most trust other TV news sources to say the government should do more to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor. Similarly, those who say they most trust Fox News are significantly more likely than those who trust other sources to say the government should do more to protect morality.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world