- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Hall of Fame offers Jamie Moyer internship
Question of the Day
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) - Jamie Moyer might have a new gig coming _ if he ever stops pitching, that is.
After hearing the 49-year-old Rockies lefty acknowledge he’s not up on baseball history, the Hall of Fame offered him an internship to study in Cooperstown.
In making the announcement Thursday, the Hall said there’s “an even more hands-on position awaiting the ageless wonder, if he ever chooses to retire.”
The soft-tossing Moyer on Tuesday night became the oldest pitcher in major league history to win a game when he led Colorado past San Diego.
The Hall’s 2012 class for the 10-week internship program features 15 students from across the country.
The Hall is getting Moyer’s cap and glove from the historic win.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- 9-year-old girl dies from brain-eating amoeba
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Economists see signs of another market bubble
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs