- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Pash: union protective of Saints players
An 18-game regular season remains a consideration, but not before the NFL has gone through a full season of the practice and workout limitations in the new CBA. While acknowledging the quality of preseason games is not what the league wants, Pash said the NFL must effectively balance health and safety concerns for the players with an expansion of the regular season.
The union would have to approve increasing the schedule from 16 games, and would certainly seek more roster spots.
Pash also said the league is examining changes to the Pro Bowl to make it more competitive and interesting.
“It’s not going to ever look like a playoff game,” he said, “but to improve it so fans are not saying `I feel bad watching it.’
`’The guys in the game say they were a little embarrassed by it.”
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again