- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Play looks at Welsh roots of Bradley Manning
LONDON (AP) - To some he’s a traitor to his country, to others he’s a free-speech hero.
But before Bradley Manning was a public enemy or a cause celebre, the U.S. soldier and alleged WikiLeaks source was a high-school student in west Wales _ a pivotal period that is the subject of a new British play.
“The Radicalization of Bradley Manning” covers the four years that Manning spent living in the town of Haverfordwest. Playwright Tim Price says he was inspired to write the play when he learned that, like him, Manning had studied Welsh and endured high school rugby.
The play is being staged in high schools around Wales.
Director John McGrath said Friday there is interest from producers as far afield as New York.
National Theatre Wales: http://nationaltheatrewales.org
TWT Video Picks
The Democratic leader's calumnies rival those of Joe McCarthy
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014