- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Embassy Row: Another Hitler in Iran
Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren compared the Iranian regime to the Nazis and denounced the Islamic theocracy for “pledging to murder another six million” Jews.
Israel repeatedly has pledged to destroy Iranian nuclear sites before the regime reaches the point where it can produce nuclear-weapons material.
Mr. Oren also noted that President Obama has publicly endorsed Israel’s right to protect itself against Iranian threats to destroy the Jewish state. However, administration critics believe Mr. Obama is pressing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyanhu to hold off any attack on Iran until after the Nov. 6 U.S. presidential election.
Mr. Oren noted that in the 1930s, the world was weary and nearly bankrupt after World War I and no national leader was prepared for another confrontation.
“Meanwhile, a radical militant movement dreamed of regional and global domination,” he said.
“Headed by a supreme leader, the movement burned books and crushed its democratic opponents. It amassed vast arsenals of advanced weaponry and invaded neighboring countries.
“The radicals played on their nation’s injured pride and stressed its racial superiority. The movement denigrated the Jewish people as a cancer that had to be cut out.
“Today, too, there is such a radical regime in Iran. It also has a supreme leader. It also butchers its democratic opponents, supports terror, and seeks regional and global hegemony. The Iranian regime similarly espouses racism.
“It denies the murder of six million Jews by the Nazis, while pledging to murder another six million - in Israel.”
Foreign visitors in Washington this week include:
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
James Morrison joined the The Washington Times in 1983 as a local reporter covering Alexandria, Va. A year later, he was assigned to open a Times bureau in Canada. From 1987 to 1989, Mr. Morrison was The Washington Times reporter in London, covering Britain, Western Europe and NATO issues. After returning to Washington, he served as an assistant foreign editor ...
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Embassy Row: India 'shocked,' 'appalled' by consular officer's arrest
- Embassy Row: Wife of Christian held in Iran feels abandoned by Obama
- Wife of jailed U.S. Christian in Iran calls for White House help
- Most Americans want no Iranian uranium enrichment: poll
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again