- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Economy Briefs: Facebook set to pay Microsoft for patents
SAN FRANCISCO — A half-billion-dollar patent deal between Facebook and Microsoft was announced on Monday as the social network hardened its defenses ahead of going public with a stock offering on the Nasdaq.
Facebook also arranged to license the remaining 275 remaining patents or applications in the portfolio being bought by Microsoft, which gets the right to use the patented technology going to the California-based social network.
Struggling airline gets OK from Cabinet to go private
KUWAIT CITY — Kuwait’s Cabinet has approved a draft law to privatize struggling state carrier Kuwait Airways within three years.
Minister of Communications Salem al-Uthaina told the official Kuwait News Agency late Sunday that the measure calls on the airline’s board to sell a 35 percent stake to the highest bidder.
The draft law has been referred to the country’s legislature.
An attempt to privatize the airline fizzled last year when the Cabinet recommended the airline be restructured before pursuing the sale of a 35 percent stake.
The airline is hurting financially as it struggles to compete with newer rivals such as Dubai’s Emirates Airline and Qatar Airways.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014