- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Markey wrong on natural gas
Question of the Day
So Rep. Edward J. Markey, Massachusetts Democrat, does not want to sell any natural gas to China (“Keep America’s natural gas at home,” Letters, Friday). That’s rich. Has he taken a look at the trade imbalance? Or better yet, what does he expect the Chinese to do with all of those dollars they collect from selling us a majority of what you see in Wal-Mart?
The Chinese have been reducing their U.S. Treasury purchases of late, which until recently has been the method of recycling American dollars. The Fed has come to the rescue though, to purchase all that federal debt that keeps the stock market pumped up, and allows Mr. Markey’s debt party continue.
You can get sucked in by Mr. Markey’s ploy, but it is so ridiculous you really have to believe he is just working to get the votes of the least informed. Unfortunately, when you don’t make something that your creditor is willing to buy, the creditor just ends up owning you.
If Mr. Markey cared about U.S. security, military or economic, he would not be responsible, along with his party, for running up the national debt another $5 trillion in the past three years. Ultimately, in Mr. Markey’s debt-ridden America, the Chinese will not have to purchase the natural gas, they will own the U.S. companies producing it.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages