- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
‘Think Like a Man’ takes top spot with $33.6M
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The ensemble comedy “Think Like a Man” opened as the weekend’s top box-office draw with $33.6 million.
Debuting at No. 2 was the romantic drama “The Lucky One” with $22.5 million.
“The Hunger Games” slipped to No. 3 after four-straight weekends in the top spot, taking in $14.7 million to raise its domestic total to $357.1 million.
The top 20 movies at U.S. and Canadian theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, number of theater locations, average receipts per location, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled Monday by Hollywood.com are:
1. “Think Like a Man,” Sony Screen Gems, $33,636,303, 2,015 locations, $16,693 average, $33,636,303, one week.
2. “The Lucky One,” Warner Bros., $22,518,358, 3,155 locations, $7,137 average, $22,518,358, one week.
3. “The Hunger Games,” Lionsgate, $14,666,007, 3,752 locations, $3,909 average, $357,066,467, five weeks.
4. “Chimpanzee,” Disney, $10,673,748, 1,563 locations, $6,829 average, $10,673,748, one week.
5. “The Three Stooges,” Fox, $9,764,214, 3,482 locations, $2,804 average, $29,919,660, two weeks.
6. “The Cabin in the Woods,” Lionsgate, $8,016,075, 2,811 locations, $2,852 average, $27,246,247, two weeks.
7. “American Reunion,” Universal, $5,474,565, 3,033 locations, $1,805 average, $48,518,325, three weeks.
8. “Titanic” in 3-D, Paramount, $5,032,557, 2,515 locations, $2,001 average, $52,860,574, three weeks.
9. “21 Jump Street,” Sony, $4,750,986, 2,427 locations, $1,958 average, $127,217,167, six weeks.
10. “Mirror Mirror,” Relativity Media, $4,408,179, 2,938 locations, $1,500 average, $55,499,932, four weeks.
11. “Wrath of the Titans,” Warner Bros., $3,922,412, 2,502 locations, $1,568 average, $77,232,955, four weeks.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.