- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Deion Sanders’ estranged wife accused of assault
MCKINNEY, TEXAS (AP) - Police have arrested Deion Sanders‘ estranged wife on an assault charge that the Hall of Fame cornerback claims was for breaking into his room and attacking him in front of their children.
Jail records didn’t give details about the alleged attack and Prosper police declined to discuss it Tuesday. But Deion Sanders tweeted Monday that his children “just witnessed their mother and a friend jump me in my room.”
“She’s going to jail (and) I’m pressing charges!” Sanders wrote.
He posted another tweet Tuesday with a photo of him and two of his children smiling. “Joy came this morning and we opened the door and let Joy in,” Sanders tweeted.
Sanders, who played for five NFL teams and is now an NFL Network analyst, filed for divorce in December. His estranged wife responded with a lawsuit seeking $200 million in damages from Sanders; his daughter from his first marriage, Deiondra Sanders; and Prime Time Enterprise Inc. That suit is scheduled for trial in September, according to online court records.
Pilar Sanders, a model who has appeared on several television shows, also sued her husband and his aunt, Laura Jones, after an alleged assault in February, the Dallas Morning News reported.
“There is a gag order in the divorce case so I cannot comment about that,” said Pilar Sanders‘ attorney, Larry Friedman, in a statement. “I can tell you that there are two sides to every story and the truth will come out in court.”
Deion Sanders‘ attorneys did not return messages.
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again