- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
E! network, Kardashians sign new reality show deal
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The Kardashian family will continue living life on TV for the next three years.
The E! Entertainment network said Tuesday it had reached a deal with its most bankable franchise to make three more seasons of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.” Terms were not disclosed.
The sixth season of the show averaged 3 million viewers on Sunday nights, the cable networks’ top series. Five of the 10 most-watched shows in the network’s history, in fact, involved the Kardashians. The 18-episode seventh season begins on May 20.
E! said the entire family is covered by the deal: Kim, Kourtney and Rob Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian Odom, and Bruce, Kris, Kendall and Kylie Jenner. E! will continue to have the first crack at any spinoff projects.
E! has turned the Kardashians into a mini-empire, with spinoff series like “Kourtney and Kim Take New York” and “Khloe and Lamar.” Although E! retains the first right to these spinoffs, Tuesday’s deal does not specify how many more will be made.
The network would also not say whether musician Kanye West would be included in the series. West and Kim Kardashian have been seen together lately amid reports that they are a new couple.
Kim’s elaborate wedding _ and brief marriage to _ basketball player Kris Humphries was a highlight of E!’s programming last fall. The network had to put out a statement denying rumors that the wedding was orchestrated for TV.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq