- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
Luck, Griffin nearly teamed up at Stanford
If both went to Stanford, it almost certainly would have played out much differently, of course.
“There’s only one ball out there at a time,” Harbaugh said.
Luck is considered the prototypical quarterback type _ 6-foot-4, 235 pounds, son of former NFL quarterback Oliver Luck. Griffin was a state champion sprinter in high school, and opponents may fear his legs as much as his arm at the pro level, just as teams did in the college ranks.
Their styles seem wildly different.
That’s not even close, Harbaugh insists.
“Really, the perception isn’t that relevant,” Harbaugh said. “But they’re both great athletes. I wouldn’t even compare them. They’re both great. They’re both extremely smart. They’re both extremely athletic. Both, great arm strength. Both throw the ball accurately. They’re both really good.”
And come draft night, he will be watching.
“Neat to be a small part of it,” Harbaugh said.
Follow Tim Reynolds on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ByTimReynolds
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- As Ukraine falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again