- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Barrichello expecting more difficulties in Brazil
Question of the Day
He is hoping to repeat the success of other F1 drivers who made the move to the U.S.-based series. F1 champion Nigel Mansell joined CART in 1993, winning five races and the title. Emerson Fittipaldi thrived in the late 1980s and early 1990s, winning the series once and the Indy 500 twice. Fittipaldi, also a Brazilian, won the F1 championship in 1972 and 1974.
Barrichello is the biggest name to move to an American-based open-wheel series since Mansell. The Brazilian finished second in the F1 drivers’ championship in 2002 and 2004 with Ferrari, both times behind seven-time champion Michael Schumacher.
He won 11 races in F1, but none in Brazil, where his best finish was third in 2004. He earned three pole positions when racing at home, two with Ferrari in 2003 and 2004 and one with Brawn GP in 2009.
“The only thing I can guarantee is that I’ll be giving my best this weekend,” Barrichello said. “Let’s just see what happens.”
Follow Tales Azzoni at http://twitter.com/tazzoni
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors