- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Katie Couric to launch new Web show for Yahoo, ABC
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Katie Couric is launching a weekly Web series for Yahoo News and ABC News about health and lifestyle issues.
The series, "Katie's Take," will premiere Tuesday on Yahoo. Yahoo Inc. formally unveiled the show Wednesday at a presentation to advertisers in New York.
Couric left the anchor chair of the "CBS Evening News" last year. She is currently a special correspondent for ABC News. She is launching a syndicated talk show, "Katie," this September.
In a statement, Couric said she is "happy to have found a place in the digital world where I can cut through fads and trends."
Yahoo and ABC last year partnered to share content, with articles from Yahoo News appearing on ABC News' website, and video from ABC News going to the Internet portal.
Yahoo also announced several more original online series in its continuing push to offer hours of premium video content. Matthew Weaver and Chris D'Arienzo, the creators of the musical "Rock of Ages," are developing a musical comedy with a working title of "Dancing With Myself."
The company is also developing a talk show with Jeff Goldblum planned for July, a series titled "Stunt Nation" with host Sal Masekela and four other shows targeted at male audiences. Yahoo's most highly anticipated series, the animated sci-fi "Electric City," produced by Tom Hanks, is to debut later this year.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Embryonic stem cell research falls out of favor as scientists go ethical
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!