- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Sparks sign All-Star Candace Parker to extension
Question of the Day
The WNBA team announced Wednesday it signed a multiyear contract extension with the versatile forward, who has been bothered by injuries in her professional career.
Parker averaged 18.5 points and 8.6 rebounds in 17 games last season with L.A. before missing 15 games because of a right knee injury.
“Candace is one of those players in the league that you want to build your team with,” Sparks general manager Penny Toler said. “Candace is healthy and will be a critical piece for our championship run this season. We have a loaded team and we expect to win now.”
In 2010, Parker’s season was cut short after 10 games because of a dislocated left shoulder. In 2009, she missed the season’s first nine games after the birth of her daughter. Parker became the first player to earn the 2008 MVP and rookie of the year honors in the same season, and she won a gold medal at the Beijing Olympics.
“The Sparks have always been committed to success and making the right moves to build upon their rich tradition in the WNBA,” said Parker, who is currently playing in Russia. “I know Penny Toler and Coach Ross have worked hard to put together a strong team this year, and I am ready to start the season with my teammates. I know our fans will be ready for a big year from us.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Calling sentence disparities unfair, Obama pardons 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow