- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Atlantic Theater Company reveals new season
NEW YORK (AP) - Plays by John Guare, Simon Stephens, Rolin Jones and Melissa James Gibson will highlight the Atlantic Theater Company's 2012-13 season, which marks the company's return to its newly renovated home.
The company on Thursday unveiled its upcoming slate of works, including the world premiere of Guare's "Three Kinds of Exile" directed by Neil Pepe this winter, and the New York premiere this fall of Stephens' "Harper Regan" following his well-received "Bluebird" last season.
Obie Award winner Gibson makes her Atlantic debut with the world premiere of "What Rhymes with America" this fall. Emmy Award-nominated writer Jones returns to Atlantic in spring 2013 with the New York premiere of "The Jammer" following the Atlantic's New York premiere of his play "The Intelligent Design of Jenny Chow."
Two final productions will be announced later.
Atlantic will be returning to its Linda Gross Theater in Chelsea for its full first season following a two-year long $8.5 million renovation of the landmark venue.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again