- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latin Grammy awards show returns to Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The 13th Annual Latin Grammy Awards are coming back to Las Vegas for the fifth time.
The Latin Recording Academy announced Thursday that the show is set for Thursday, Nov. 15, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on the Las Vegas Strip. It will air live on Univision.
A month of Latin Grammy-themed cultural events, street parties and recording sessions are scheduled to lead up to what organizers call the biggest night in Latin music.
The awards honor Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking artists and other professionals in their industry. Puerto Rican hip-hop duo Calle 13 dominated the show in 2011, winning its 19th award from the academy with its politically charged lyrics and Afro-Caribbean beats.
Nominations for the 2012 Latin Grammys will be announced Sept. 26 in Los Angeles.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.